DWI Charges in New Mexico
Depending on the presence of prior offenses, DWI can be charged as a felony or a misdemeanor. At Patrick J. Martinez & Associates, we provide the aggressive and attentive legal strategy you need to fight your DWI charges, whether it is your first or fifth offense.
Types of DWI Charges
When you are arrested for DWI, you can be charged with different classes of the offense. These include:
- Special penalty misdemeanor (1st offense)
- Full misdemeanor (2nd, 3rd offense)
- 4th degree felony (4th, 5th offense)
- 3rd degree felony (6th, 7th offense)
After a DWI arrest, you will be required to submit to a breathalyzer test. This will give the evidence necessary to charge you with a crime. Refusing the breathalyzer test can result in an aggravated DWI charge, which has mandatory jail time and more severe penalties.
If you are taken to jail, you will be arraigned. This is where you will know what the court will be charging you with. As soon as you know your charges, it is essential to contact an experienced DWI lawyer who can start building your defense right away.
How We Help You Fight DWI Charges
Patrick J. Martinez & Associates provides aggressive criminal defense for individuals facing DWI charges in Albuquerque. With over 25 years of DWI knowledge and experience, we provide the legal guidance you need to minimize disruption in your life.
Our legal services include:
- Assistance in retrieving your vehicle if it has been impounded
- Attending MVD hearings on your behalf to prevent license revocation (this must occur within 20 days of your arrest)
- Preparing a hard-hitting legal strategy that advocates for your best interests throughout every legal hearing and court date
- Providing informed insight regarding your legal options
In a court of law, you are innocent until proven guilty. At Patrick J. Martinez & Associates, we are committed to defending our client’s innocence. Our attorneys work tirelessly to defend your right to freedom. We do not accept plea bargains. Innocent people do not need plea bargains.
Protect Your Freedom, Contact a DWI Lawyer
If you are facing DWI charges in New Mexico, the penalties can be severe. Patrick J. Martinez & Associates is committed to defending your legal rights in court and achieving the best possible outcome for your case. Contact us today to schedule a FREE consultation with an experienced DWI lawyer.