A felony is a type of crime that requires imprisonment if the accused is convicted. If you or a loved one is facing a felony allegation in New Mexico, Patrick J. Martinez & Associates provide the criminal felony defense you need to protect your rights and freedom.
New Mexico Felony Types
Criminal felony charges are filed when there is evidence that an individual is responsible for a serious crime. In New Mexico, there are five classes of felonies an individual can be charged with. These include:
- Capital Felony -– criminal charges of murder.
- First Degree Felony — charges of manslaughter, kidnapping, robbery with a deadly weapon, rape and arson.
- Second Degree Felony — charges of shooting a weapon at or from a vehicle, great bodily harm, robbery and sexual exploitation of a minor.
- Third Degree Felony -– charges of voluntary manslaughter, assault with intent to commit a felony, theft, repeat DWI conviction and criminal use of ransom.
- Fourth Degree Felony -– aggravated assault, involuntary manslaughter, aggravated DWI and assisted suicide.
In New Mexico, all criminal felony convictions carry a minimum sentence of 18 months in prison. The State may offer a plea bargain, in which a guilty plea will receive less prison time. Before accepting any deals, it is imperative to consult an experienced criminal defense attorney.
What a Criminal Defense Attorney Can Do For You
At Patrick J. Martinez & Associates, we believe in your innocence. An innocent person should not be convicted of a serious crime. That is why we prepare every case to go to trial.
When you choose Patrick J. Martinez & Associates, our attorneys start building a strong case on your behalf right away by:
- Performing a professional investigation of the circumstances of the crime
- Researching all parties related to the crime in question
- Ensuring that your rights and liberties were protected throughout your arrest and incarceration
- Using over 25 years of legal expertise to create a defense strategy
- Filing all necessary paperwork with the courts
- Facilitating your release from detainment, if possible
With Patrick J. Martinez as your attorney, you will always have up-to-date knowledge on your case. He makes himself 100% accessible to his criminal felony clients, giving you his personal cell phone number so you can call him whenever you need legal guidance.
Contact an Albuquerque Criminal Defense Attorney
At Patrick J. Martinez & Associates, we know that there is a great deal at stake when you are facing criminal felony charges. You can lose your job, your family and your freedom. If you or a loved one needs the assistance of a successful criminal defense attorney, contact us today.