In New Mexico, joint legal custody is awarded if it is in the best interests of the child. At Patrick J. Martinez & Associates, our custody lawyers defend your parental rights with aggressive, knowledgeable legal representation so you can fight for the joint legal custody you deserve.
Factors That Contribute to Custody Decisions
During any legal custody matter, it is essential to have an experienced attorney by your side to protect your parental rights. At Patrick J. Martinez & Associates, our custody lawyers are experienced and aware of every factor a judge examines when determining legal custody.
Factors that can affect joint legal custody include:
- If the child has a close relationship with both parents
- If each parent is capable of providing care for the child, this includes childcare arrangements
- If each parent is willing to accept all responsibilities of parenting
- If each parent can maintain emotional support and frequent communication with the child
- If each parent can respect the parental rights and privacy of the other parent
- The presence of a parenting plan
- The distance between the two parents
- The presence of current or previous domestic violence
- The willingness of each parent to cooperate with a joint custody agreement
When you choose Patrick J. Martinez & Associates to represent your custody goals, we will craft a legal strategy to help you obtain the best possible outcome for your custody case. Our custody lawyers provide attentive communication throughout every step of the legal process, providing support and guidance when you need it most.
Contact Our Custody Lawyers
Protect your parental rights today and pursue joint legal custody with Patrick J. Martinez & Associates in Albuquerque. Call us to schedule