Albuquerque Probation Violation Attorney
When you have been convicted of a crime, one of the best possible outcomes during sentencing would be probation. Used either in lieu of or in conjunction with a prison sentence, probation is commonly an option for misdemeanors and many felonies.
During your probation period, you may be ordered to follow certain guidelines and restrictions. If these restrictions are violated, your probation officer may imprison you and petition the court for a violation of probation.
The conditions of your probation may not be as easy to follow as they seem. When a person is charged with a probation violation, it is typically because of any of the following:
- Violation of residential restrictions (where, with whom)
- Violation of work restrictions
- Association with other parolees or inmates
- Failure to pay restitution/fines
- Failure of drug/alcohol tests
- Failure to report to parole officer
- Accusation of new criminal charge
- Failure to appear at court-ordered appointments (court appearance, Sheriff’s Work Alternative Program (SWAP), AA meeting)
- Allegations of new criminal charges
Contact Our Skilled Albuquerque Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you have been accused of violating the conditions of your probation, you have the right to a court hearing and legal defense. At Patrick J. Martinez & Associates, we are here to advise you of your legal rights and defend your innocence. With 15 years of experience, we have the knowledge and skill to negotiate an agreement with the court that may keep you from incarceration. Allow Patrick J. Martinez & Associates to represent you during your stressful legal challenges.